Monday, 11 June 2012

Origins Balanced Diet Lightweight Lotion Review






 So this is the second part to my Origins review and this is on the Origins Balanced Diet Lightweight moisture lotion. Firstly as stated in my last post I am was a complete newbie to Origins and decided to take the plunge after reading lots of review on different products.


So as stated in the last post I was served by a lady named Rachel who asked me a series of questions in order to understand problems with my skin and issues I would like to change. In terms of a moisturiser I actually haven't been using one for absolutely ages (naughty!) but it was because the last one I had a reacted awfully too and it made my skin condition appear more prominent and I was really worried this would happen with any other moisturisers I tried. 


As I have an oily t-zone I also don't generally like anything rich and heavy as it makes me feel worse about my skin as it cannot soak it up! Therefore she suggested this moisturiser, once again i use it twice daily and have noticed a real improvement in the softness of my skin. It also soaks up so quickly that there isn't really much time to feel greasy which a really good thing for me. 


As you can see from the second picture the product is formulated without:Parabens, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, PABA, Petrolatum, Paraffin, DEA, Synthetic colour, Synthetic Fragrance and Animal ingredients. This all means that it is really good for the skin as it doesn't contain anything which may harm your skin in the longer term. 


I was tempted to try the no oil range moisturiser however Rachel said that for a person with oily skin, things to control the oil may help in  the short term however in the long term you want to balance out your skins oil levels instead. I'm not saying that I have oil free skin now however it definitely feels a lot better. The smell isn't as amazing as the Checks and Balances frothy face wash however it still has the natural clean fresh smell about it and I love it! It is more expensive than the face wash at £21 for 50ml or 1.7fl.oz but because its so light you don't ned much at all, I think his will last me 3-4 months if not more. I would never have considered buying this before at that kind of price but I am so happy I did!


I have to say overall I am incredibly impressed with Origins and will definitely be trying more of their products in the future, the next is the 'A perfect world, Age defence treatment option with white tea' now please con't be fooled by the name I know I am in my teams but this is actually a toner with the most divine smell that I just have to have it! (my bank account will hate me!)


My advice if your a newbie like me is to try and get to a local boots/origins shop/ or somewhere else they may be located and ask for some help to pick the products to best suit you! Even if your not a newbie it is still really nice to be introduced to products that you may not have considered! So impressed with this brand!!


No comments:

Post a Comment